Find out more about our upcoming Instameets here.
We hope to see you at an event soon!
We’re pleased to announce our next instameet at the Black Country Living Museum, an award winning open air living museum in Dudley that tells the story of the world’s first industrial landscape with buildings, vehicles, objects and costumed characters for you to interact with and explore.
This instameet is a collaboration between @igblackcountry, @igersbirmingham, @igersUK, @bclivingmuseum and @VisitEngland for English Tourism Week.
The event will take place on the 24th of March with a start time of 11am prompt – late comers can’t be admitted sorry.
You can stay and wander around the museum for as long as you want, although at 2.30 there will be free drinks for attendees at the Bottle and Glass Inn in the museum.
There are 80 tickets for this event – please bookings on a first come first served basis. Tickets are split between @igersblackcountry and @igersbirmingham.
Apologies for the short notice, we’ve been waiting on confirmation.
There will be free parking (please use public transport or share lifts if possible).
We have teamed up with Google to offer free workshops to individuals, small businesses and aspiring digital / social media marketers. These two unique events will be hosted by Alpha Works.
Workshop 1 will be about learning to create a social media strategy, based on your business goals. You will learn:
- about the key social media platforms for businesses to use in 2018,
- how to build a social media strategy for a business, based on business goals
- how to define a set of brand guidelines for a business on social media.
Workshop 2 will be about writing for social media, learning how to create compelling content and develop a tone of voice that’s right for your business. You will learn:
- How to develop a brand tone of voice for a business on social media
- Writing techniques to help hone writing for small spaces online
- The different ways of responding to customer complaints on social media.
This is a very limited event and interest will be high, so PLEASE make sure these workshops are of relevance to you. We want to be very upfront about what these workshops are NOT, as we do not want to waste anybody’s time.
- You will not learn about gaining more likes or followers on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or other social media platforms for your personal accounts.
- They are not aimed at individuals who have no interest in pursuing or developing their own personal brand or small business via social media training
It’s important that if you sign up that you can commit to the date and time of the workshop – if you are unable to make it please notify us ASAP as we anticipate that we will have a waiting list.
Please feel free to message with any questions!
The Google Digital Garage project is part of Google’s commitment to provide free digital skills training to everyone across the UK. Anyone can learn how to harness the power of the internet to grow their business, develop new vocational skills or strategise their social media. Google Digital Garage offers a wide range of courses from beginner to intermediate levels meaning that anyone can take part. And it’s all free!