IGers Birmingham understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone we are in contact with and everyone we conduct business with. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in this policy, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
No time to read to whole thing? The most important thing to know is that IGers Birmingham will only share your details with third parties with your explicit consent and that this will be an exception rather than the rule. For example, if an organization that we are working with for an instameet wants to know who will be attending, we will alert you to this in the text on the Eventbrite booking system.
Settle in with a cuppa if you want the whole story:
Definitions and interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall apply:
“Personal data” is any information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information.
“Processing” is any use that is made of data, including collecting, storing, amending, disclosing or destroying it.
“We/Us/Our” means IGers Birmingham.
We process personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles:
• we collect personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
• we collect personal data only where it is appropriate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
• we process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
• we keep accurate personal data and take all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay
• we keep personal data only for the period necessary for processing
• we adopt appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Collection of personal data
We will collect personal data that will help us ensure that we are able to operate our events, competitions and activities as smoothly as possible.
Typically, this will be restricted to your name, Instagram username, and email address, however depending upon your relationship with us, it may also include business details.
How we collect your personal data
We collect personal data from you:
• by means you signing up for an IGers Birmingham event, competition or other activity
• by means of you contacting us.
How we use your personal data
We may use your data if we deem it necessary to do so for legitimate purposes. Some of the ways in which we might use and process your data are as follows:
• to enable us to meet our obligations of any contracts between you and us
• to enable us to meet our obligations of any contracts between us and third parties with regard to the services we provide to you
• facilitating of invoicing processes
• complying with our legal obligations
• verifying details that you have provided
• storing your details on our database so that we can contact you in relation to future business opportunities
• storing your details on our database so that we can contact you in relation to events that may be of interest to you.
We will not retain your data for longer than we need it. In certain cases, we are required to hold your data to comply with tax, legal or regulatory issues.
How we protect your personal data
We take the security of personal data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, apart from by us in the proper performance of their duties. Where we engage with third parties to process your personal data on our behalf (e.g. Eventbrite), such parties do so on the basis of our direction, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of such data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
• the right to be informed about the personal data that we process on you
• the right of access to the personal data that we process on you
• the right to rectification of your personal data
• the right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
• the right to restrict processing of your personal data
• the right to data portability in certain circumstances
• the right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate purpose
• the right to withdraw consent at any time.
You also have the right to raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate)